Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Funny Family Story of the Week

Bedtime Jukebox
Normally when I am home at night I will put the boys to bed and sing them some songs to help them relax. We will usually start off with Twinkle Twinkle and that will lead to the Itsy Bitsy Spider and usually we will finish up with either ABC's or Take Me Out to the Ballgame (Blake love's the scream Play Ball at the end of the song). Well a few nights ago the boys just couldn't help themselves and kept asking me to sing different songs. I realized that I could never be a great Karaokee singer because I know very few songs, but my boys don't know that.

We started off with a song that Blake loves from the movie Dumbo, I believe it is called Baby Mine. I hummed the majority of the song until we got to BABY MINE, rest your ears and those tears Baby of Mine.

We then jumped into a song that both of the boys learned in Nursery, Popcorn Popping. The boys started to lose confidence in their father because all i remembered from that song was the part where you raise your arms and say, "Popcorn popping" and somehow it popped in an Apricot tree.

One of Colin's favorites called Frosty the Snowman was next on the list. Sounds easy enough, I have heard this song my entire life, not so much. I got as far as "Frosty the Snowman nah nah nah nah nah, with a corn cut pipe and a nah nah nah nah nah and two eyes made out of coal."

We closed with a song that is very important to me, "There was a farmer who had a dog and BINGO was his name O".

At the end the boys were so filled with energy from the many songs I destroyed with my horrible voice and made up words that they wouldn't fall asleep. The lesson that I learned from all of this, LISTEN TO MY WIFE WHEN SHE TELLS ME THAT MY SINGING COULD WAKE A HYBERNATING BEAR, because it does.

No comments: