Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Funny Family story of the Week

Earthquakes don't scare me!!!
Colin and Blake were sitting down today to have lunch and when I was about to set Blake's drink down on the table I felt a rumble go throughout our home. All of a sudden I realized that it was an earthquake. My fatherly instincts jumped in and I tried covering the boys heads with my hands in case anything were going to fall. Within a second I realized how stupid that was and started trying to get Blake out of his highchair while telling Colin to get under the table. During this time, Colin continued to eat his hot dog and looked at me like I was a lunatic. As I was trying to get Blake out of his chair he was telling me that he wanted more watermelon and was not done eating.

Don't these kids know what is going on, the EARTH IS SHAKING!!!

Finally, after about 30 seconds the quake has ended and I am a little light headed from all that happened during that time without any reaction from the boys. I turned to Colin and said, "Do you know what that was?" Colin replied, "That's a Hot Dog, Daddy".

2 comments:

Kreesa said...

Sorry I wasn't there. :( At least I could have laughed instead of almost cried! Ü

Amy said...

Thank you for this post. I just laughed out loud and that felt good. Sadly, my motherly instincts didn't even kick in. I just watched in fascination as things shook while Kamryn just sat in the chair next to me. nice job me.